There are some cheap fencing options that will be more affordable upon installation and there are some that will save you money for years to come. Low maintenance fencing will save you money in the long run.
Our fencing experts have chosen some of the best affordable fencing options and included them in this blog. Take a look at the rest of our article and let us know if you have any questions about our services.
Economical Fencing Ideas
The following range of fencing styles will save you maintenance costs. Some of them have a higher upfront cost than others.
For a quote or more information, contact us now on 131 546.
Australia’s number one low maintenance fencing brand has a 10-year warranty for a reason. Constructed out of Colorbond steel, this fence is proven to withstand our harshest weather conditions.
Choose the colour you want and forget about painting and repainting costs.
Colorbond fences are:
- corrosion resistant
- combustion resistant
- extremely durable
This one is for our West Australian readers.
HardieFence is made from a compressed fibre cement product that is non-combustible, rot and termite resistant. HardieFence is postless and buried deep into the ground to make it as sturdy (and pest proof) as possible.
The only reason your HardieFence will need maintenance is if you choose to paint it with an exterior paint colour. Either way, you know the fence underneath is not going to be damaged by peeling paint.
Want a low maintenance fencing option that still has a bit of charm? A modular fence is a great option to consider.
This cement product can be rendered to give an attractive brick fence look for a fraction of the cost. Both Hebel and fibre cement sheet modular fences are durable, affordable, and non-combustible - plus they look great.
If you want a contemporary style fence that will cost you less, this is the best choice for you.
If you want the charm of a wooden picket fence but you don’t want the maintenance costs, think about getting a PVC fence.
PVC fences come in a wide range of colours and shapes. They have aluminium cores that will withstand the tests of time. If you have your PVC fence installed with Jim’s Fencing, you will receive a 50-year warranty on the materials. That’s great peace of mind.
PVC fences are:
- UV resistant
- Corrosion + warping resistant
- Termite resistant
Advantages of Low Maintenance Fencing
Weighing up the pros and cons of affordable fencing options can seem difficult, but low maintenance fencing has some clear advantages.
- Maintenance costs - many fences need treatments every few years to make sure they don’t start falling apart. Staining, painting, and sealing treatments add up over the years and end up costing you a lot of money.
- Hours of maintenance - treating your fence is not an easy process. If you want it done properly, it will be time consuming. You can save much of that time with a fence that needs little to no upkeep.
- Great for investment properties - if you need a durable fence that you can set and forget, low maintenance fences are perfect for rental properties. You won’t have to worry about your landlord duties with this easy option.
- Withstanding weather - most low maintenance fences are long lasting because they are durable and weather resistant. You won't have to worry about rot, fire, storms, and wind with a variety of low maintenance options.
Contact Jim’s Fencing Today
If you found our low maintenance fencing tips helpful, give our article a thumbs up and share it with your mates.
For more information about our services, contact us now.